Now that it’s summer and the sun is finally shining on a regular basis, it’s a great time to make the most of the nicer weather and spend some time outside. If you don’t have a very expansive outdoor space, though, you might struggle to enjoy the beautiful weather to its fullest. Instead of staying inside this summer, consider transforming your outdoor space and maximizing your warm-weather enjoyment with a new deck! Here are some tips from a contractor that specializes in house remodeling in Phoenix, AZ:
- Understand codes and permitting: Any time you are building a new structure on your property, you will have to take relevant codes and permitting requirements into account. Depending on your city, there might be certain rules about how big your deck can be or where it can be located. Make sure you check in with your city’s permitting office to determine which building codes apply to your project, and to secure a permit. Your contractor can often help with this process.
- Assess your needs: There are a lot of different decisions that you have to make when you’re planning a deck building project. You should consider how you want to use your deck so that you can make informed decisions about the design of your deck and the materials that you use. You should also consider what kinds of features you want to include with your deck, like fire pits or outdoor kitchens.
- Establish your budget: It’s easy to go over budget on a deck building project, so you should set a firm budget and be prepared to stick to it. Make sure to take into account all of the expenses that might come with your project, including the cost of materials, design and hiring a contractor who handles house remodeling in Phoenix, AZ. Try to leave some extra wiggle room in your budget so that you’re prepared in case something doesn’t go as planned and the cost of your project is higher than you initially expected.
- Choose materials: There are a lot of different materials that you can choose for your new deck. If you go with natural wood, there’s a wide variety of types and finishes that you can choose from. You should consider your aesthetic preferences, as well as the different advantages and disadvantages of various types of materials, before you make a decision.
- Hire a contractor: To ensure you get the deck that you’ve been envisioning, you should hire a contractor who is knowledgeable and experienced with a wide variety of deck building projects. A residential and commercial contractor in Phoenix, AZ will be able to help make your vision for your project a reality.
You can get started with your deck building project by reaching out to the team at Super Cool Services. We are a residential and commercial contractor in Phoenix, AZ with decades of experience providing a wide range of contracting services. Give us a call today to get started with a consultation and a quote!
Categorised in: Remodeling Contractor